View Larger Map
Roughly bounded by Louise Street on the north, College Avenue on the east, Lafayette Street on the south and Vandeventer on the west, this oval-shaped mount rises about 140 feet above the valley of Scull Creek and separates downtown Fayetteville from Wilson Park. The residential neighborhoods on Mount Nord were developed between 1905 and 1925, including the home of the Fulbright family and reconstruction of the Arkansas House, since razed, on the west end of the mountain, facing the University of Arkansas campus.
Washington Elementary School is on the eastern slope of the Mountain.
The Mount Nord Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, becoming Fayetteville's second historic district.